LEPL - David Aghmashenebeli National Defence Academy of Georgia
The Provision of the Quality Assurance Service
Article 1. General Provisions
- This Provision defines the authority and accountability of the Quality Assurance Service (hereinafter - the Service) of the LEPL David Aghmashenebeli Georgian National Defence Academy of Georgia (hereinafter - the Academy).
- The service is the management body of the Academy.
- The Service carries out its activities in accordance with the legislation of Georgia, the Charter of the Academy, this Provision and individual administrative-legal acts of the Rector.
- While carrying out its functions, the Service is accountable to the Rector of the Academy.
Article 2. The Task of the Service
The Quality Assurance Service is handling a regular evaluation of the academic and scientific research work, as well as the professional development of the staff.
Article 3. Main functions of the Service 1. Main functions of the Service are as follows:
- a) Evaluate the educational and scientific-research processes, the educational and scientific-research activities of the Academy and develop recommendations for its improvement;
- b) Supervise the preparation of the Academy for the authorization and accreditation procedures and organize the process of preparation of the accreditation and accreditation self-assessment questionnaire and self-assessment report, attached documents;
- c) Promoting the introduction of modern teaching and assessment methods;
- d) Continuous monitoring, evaluation and preparation of relevant recommendations / conclusions based on the evaluation rule, lectures, seminars, group work, various activities conducted by academic and invited staff;
- e) Cooperation with the relevant services of both military and civilian higher education institutions abroad to develop transparent quality control criteria and methodology for their provision;
- f) Programs implemented by the basic educational units implemented by the Academy, development of criteria and indicators for technical monitoring of academic training programs for academic training and academic expertise, and organization of systematic technical monitoring based on them, if necessary, prepare relevant recommendations / conclusions, in cooperation with Georgian and foreign experts, on measures to be taken for further improvement of educational programs.
- g) Determine the compliance of the educational programs of the Academy with the standards of authorization and accreditation in cooperation with the relevant structures of the Academy, responsible persons and stakeholders;
- h) Participate in the development of questionnaires for academic / invited / scientific staff, teachers, military instructors and cadets / trainees and, based on the analysis of the questionnaire, develop recommendations for further improvement of the Academy and submit them to the Rector of the Academy.
- i) Participates in the graduates' Diploma Supplement monitoring process;
- j) Organize conferences, training, seminars, consulting and information meetings for academic and administrative staff of the Academy on issues related to the development of curriculum, topical issues related to the accreditation and authorization;
- k) Perform other duties envisaged by the legislation;
Article 4. Structure and Management of the Service
- Structure of the service considers: the head of the service, chief officer, quality assurance experts.
- The service is headed by the head of the service, who is an administrative official;
- The head of the service is elected by the Academic Council;
- The Head of Quality Assurance Service:
- a) is subordinate to the Rector of the Academy and is accountable to him; b) manages the service;
- c) Distributes duties among subordinated service staff;
- d) Periodically gets reports from the military personnel, subordinated to him/her;
- e) Within the scope of competence represents the Academy during the service relations outside the organization;
- f) Submits proposals to the Rector of the Academy on the improvement of service activities;
- g) Performs other duties imposed on the Service by this Provision and the legislation of Georgia.
- The functions and duties of the service personnel are defined by their job descriptions, which are approved by the Rector of the Academy.
- The Head of the Quality Assurance Service manages the development of short- and long-term work plans of the Service and their implementation;
- The Head of the Quality Assurance Service submits proposals to the Rector of the Academy regarding the internal structure, staffing, incentives or disciplinary (or other) misconduct of the Service employees.
Article 5. Rules for making changes and additions to the Provision. Changes and additions to the Provision shall be made in accordance with the rules established by law.