LEPL - David Aghmashenebeli National Defense Academy
Provision of the Educational Service
Article 1. General Provisions
- This provision defines legal status, structure, authority, accountability of the Educational Service (hereafter Service) of LEPL David Aghmashenebeli National Defense Academy of Georgia (hereinafter - Academy) and regulates other issues related to the Service activities.
- The Service is a subsidiary structural unit of the Academy.
- The Service performs its activities in accordance with the Constitution of Georgia, international treaties and agreements of Georgia, legislative acts, subordinate normative acts, Statute of the Academy and this provision.
- 4. Within the scope of its competence the Service is accountable to the Rector of the Academy and the civilian Vice Rector and performs its duties on the basis of the applicable legislation;
Article 2. The Mission of the Service
The mission of the Service is to conduct the academic process in accordance with the international standards and promote the preparation of competitive specialists.
Article 3. The Basic Functions of the Service
- The basic functions of the Service are:
- Organizing the academic process of the Academy;
- Monitoring of the existing academic structural units of the Academy: the Command and General Staff College, Baccalaureate, Language Training School, Training Battalion and Officers' Basic Training School and is authorized to request submission of the documentation and reports on their activities;
- Monitoring of the field trainings;
- Participation in the elaboration and examination of the documents regulating the learning process within scope of competence of the Service;
- Development of the academic calendar of the Academy (including the baccalaureate) and coordination about development of the training calendars by structural units;
- Registry of the Junkers and Academic Personnel of the Academy and its permanent renewal;
- Participation in activities for integration of foreign students / attendees into the learning process;
- Monitoring of curriculums presented by the training structural units of the Academy and the academic load of the academic and visiting faculty members / teachers and instructors and is authorized to request submission the documentation and report on their activities;
- Coordination of examination process in academic structural units;
- Preparation of the academic achievement analysis of the Junkers of the Baccalaureate, as well as coordination of the academic performance preparation analysis of the students of other academic structural units;
- Preparation of diploma for bachelor's, master's degree; diploma attachments, certificates and academic statements;
- Completing the Junker’s personal cases with academic cards;
- Participation in moral, ideological, and spiritual didacticwork of the Junkers / students;
- Participation in regular monitoring of academic and educational programs, coordinated work with Quality Assurance Service and Psychological Department;
- Strengthening research component in academic process, coordinated work with academic structural units;
- Within the scope of competence coordination with the structural units of the General Staff of the Georgian Armed Forces and MOD on the training process of the Academy, if necessary;
- Cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia, as well as LEPLs in the system of the Ministry of Education and Science and relevant foreign higher education institutions.
- Within the scope of competence exercising other functions defined by the legislation, this provision and the individual administrative-legal acts of the Rector.
Article 4. Structure and Leadership of the Service
- The service consists of the head of the Service, leading specialist, senior officers, senior specialists and database operator.
- The head of the Service shall be appointed and dismissed by the Minister of Defense of Georgia on the suggestion of the Rector of the Academy.
- Head of the Service:
- Supervises and manages activities of the Service;
- Coordinates the work of the relevant academic structural units of the academy in training and scientific issues under the direction of the civilian Vice-Rector;
- Distributes duties among employees;
- Defines the priorities of the Service and is responsible for their implementation;
- Supervise the development and implementation of short and long term working plans;
- Within the scope of competence signs the documents prepared by the Service or the structural units of the academy;
- Is obliged to submit periodic report of the Service to the civilian Vice-Rector;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities under the Statute of the Academy and this provision.
- Within the scope of competence performs other tasks and directives.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Service staff are determined by their job descriptions approved by the Rector of the Academy.
Article6. The Rule for Making Changes and Amendments to the Provision
Changes and amendments to this provision shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant procedures established by the legislation.