Those who meet the admission criteria for master's programs, successfully pass the unified master's exams, and submit the necessary documentation will be admitted to the master's program entrance exams.
The internal exams for admission to master's programs will be held in two stages, at David Aghmashenebeli National Defence Academy of Georgia (address: Gori, Tskhinvali highway 3rd kilometer):
Stage 1 - internal exams for admission to master's programs of defence analysis, security studies, and state resource management (according to directions):
Both military and civilian candidates wishing to pass the internal exams for admission to the master's program will take an oral exam in the form of an interview with the MA admissions examination commission.
Stage 2 – English language exam:
Candidates who do not have a valid certificate/diploma and/or relevant document (which has not expired according to established standards) confirming the level of English language proficiency corresponding to the requirements of the master's programs will take the English language test;
Those candidates who have a valid certificate/diploma/ and/or relevant document confirming the level of English language proficiency required by the master's programs (which has not expired according to the established standards) must submit the original versions of the mentioned documents to the MA examination commission.
List of documents
- Copy of identity document/passport;
- An official notice from the place of work, for those who are not submitted by an official letter from the state institutions participating in the Master's programs of the Academy;
- Photos – 2 copies (size 3X4).
- Evaluation received at the Unified Master's Exams (printed from the website of the National Center for Assessment and Examinations);
- A notarized copy of a bachelor's diploma or a document equivalent to it (in case of absence, an official notice on the award of qualifications);
- If the applicant has received education abroad, a notarized copy of the educational document translated into Georgian is required;
- A valid certificate/diploma/and/or original versions of the documents (which have not expired according to established standards) confirming the level of English language proficiency corresponding to the requirements of the master's programs - with notarized copies.
Applicants to the MA program of defence analysis must have at least a bachelor's degree or equivalent. To enroll in the master's program: To enroll in the Master's Program:
- An applicant must pass the Unified Master's Exams;
- Internal exam in the specialty for military personnel (military personnel pass the entrance exam of the command and general staff program);
- Applicants will pass the English language test organized by the Academy STANAG 2/2/2/2 or must present a certificate confirming the appropriate level of language proficiency at least CEF B2 (or relevant level TOEFEL/ILTS/ECL or other international English language tests)or present a diploma/certificate confirming that they have completed an English-language higher education program or a military career course (CCC, etc.).
- Candidates must pass an interview (the topic of the entrance exam must be published on the Academy's website two weeks before the date of the internal exam);
- MA Candidates without taking the unified master's exams are enrolled in the program in accordance with the current legislation.
The following candidates will be accepted for the master's program:
- Officers of the system of the Ministry of Defence of Georgia: with the military rank of "major" and "lieutenant colonel" - who have completed the captain's career course or its equivalent military education program*, have been awarded at least a bachelor's academic degree, are 5 years younger than the age limit and have not completed the command and general staff course or/or its foreign equivalent.
- Personnel with special rank and civilian personnel of the Ministry of Defence system.
- Employees of the security sector and state structures will also be admitted to the program.
- The quota of military and civilian persons to enroll in the master's program is 30, which is distributed as follows:
- Military personnel of the system of the Ministry of Defence of Georgia - Major, Lieutenant Colonel - 20 military servicemen;
- Civilians and special rank servicemen employed in the system of the Ministry of Defence of Georgia - 5;
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia - 3;
- State Security Service of Georgia - 2.
5. Suppose the number of military/civilian employees exceeds the number of places available for the program, according to the ranking created following the entrance exam results, the military/civilian employee with better performance will be enrolled in the program.
6. If a candidate from any state agency is not available or fails to pass the exam minimum requirements, their quota will be added to the military branches of the Ministry of Defence (according to the ranking created following the entrance exam results, the military serviceman with better performance will be enrolled in the course).
7. If candidates do not appear for the exam at the places provided for external agencies, the redistribution of places will be carried out among the employees of the Ministry of Defence.